01 Nov Bausch & Lomb Biotrue Rewetting Drops Review !!
Biotrue is a new multi-purpose contact lens solution. I just received one few weeks ago and really liked the way my eyes felt after using it. You all know in addition to being a Blogger, I’m also a Banker. I spend most of my day travelling and staring at a computer screen. As a result, I suffer from eye problems like itching, burning, digital strain, dryness etc. Such factors are often influenced by hectic routine, lifestyle and surroundings including extensive computer use, indoor controlled-air environments, lack of blinking, cigarettes smoke, as well as windy outdoor environments. The Biotrue Rewetting Drops helped my tired, dry, and irritated eye symptoms, giving me relief in a matter of minutes.
The Biotrue Rewetting Drops is a new eye drop formula to relieve environmental dry eye (which both contact lens wearers and non wearers can use). The packaging is deceiving in this respect as it has contact lens marked on it because the majority of eye drops on the market cannot be used with contact lenses. This product, however, is safe to use for both contact lens wearers and non-contact lens wearers as well. Lets move to the detailed review now.
Bausch & Lomb‘s Biotrue Rewetting Drops are an ideal solution to instantly soothe and hydrate dry eyes caused by a variety of factors. Containing sodium hyaluronate, they naturally refresh and soothe dry eyes relieving symptoms of tired, irritated and watery eyes. Supplied in an innovative, preservative-free, multi-dose bottle that can be used for 6 months after opening.
Can be used while wearing both soft and hard lenses to wet/rewet the lenses. Biotrue rewetting drops are a natural splash of freshness providing instant hydration for your eyes.
Size: 10ml bottle
After opening can be used for: 180 days
Lubricant: sodium hyaluronate 0.24%
0.24% hyaluronic acid (as sodium hyaluronate) as well as excipients including sterile water, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate and sodium dihydrogen phosphate-dihydrate.
How to Use:
- Wash your hands. Remove the protective cap from the tip of the bottle before each use. Avoid contact of the tip of the bottle with your eyes or fingers to prevent any possible contamination of the solution
- Place your thumb on the ergonomic thumb support and two other fingers on the bottom of the bottle
- Return the bottle and hold it as shown. Before using the pump for the first time you must prime it. You can do this by pressing down on the thumb support approximately 7 times until the first drop appears
- To apply the drop, tilt your head back slightly and hold the bottle as preferred over your eyes. Gently pull your lower eye-lid down with a finger of your free hand, hold the bottle in a vertical position and gently squeeze the thumb support to apply one drop into the eye.
- Close your eyes immediately after the application and slowly roll them in order to optimally spread the drop on the surface of your eyes. You can use your other hand for additional support and accuracy if required
- Replace the protective cap on the tip of the bottle immediately after use.
My Take on the Product:
The first thing that got me hooked to this bottle is its design. The 10 ml bottle is very easy to use. There is no hassle to open or close. The bottle is travel sized and the cap helps if you are on a hurry. You can squeeze just the right amount of liquid. It is a must have product in our handbags. Innovative control grip system simplifies handling and gives you peace of mind during use. It is preservative free and can be used for six months once opened.
The unit is convenient for travel and the ideal companion, whether in the office, during leisure time. Biotrue rewetting drops help relieve tired or dry eyes caused by environmental factors such as :
- Long periods at the computer
- Windy outdoor conditions
- Contact lens wear
- Air Conditioning
- Air travel
- Sports activities
It naturally refreshes and instantly soothes your dry eyes relieving symptoms of tired, irritated, even teary eyes. These drops moisturize soft or hard contact lenses to minimize discomfort. You can use it everyday and as and when the need arises.
The rewetting drops is a clear eye drop solution. The formula is gentle and mild. It suits even sensitive eyes. Biotrue is formulated to work like your eyes as it contains the natural polymer, hyaluronic acid (as sodium hyaluronate), which is found in the structures of a healthy human eye and the natural tear film. Biotrue rewetting drops is also safe to use.
Biotrue does more than just cleaning. It keeps your eyes moist all day long. It keeps the tear proteins active in your eyes. It also maintains your eye’s natural condition.
I have found Biotrue Rewetting Drops to be a great product. I would recommend this to anyone who wears contact lenses or face dry eye problems.
- Cleans Contacts
- Gentle On Eyes
- Sterilizes Contacts
- Apt for Daily Use
- Help With Dry Eyes
- Pump several times before a drop comes out
Disclaimer – I was sent this product for the review. However all thought & opinions are my own.