30 Oct Kiehls Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash Review !
Posted at 16:35h in Calendula, Deep Cleansing, Face Wash, Foaming, Kiehls, Kiehls India, product review, Sample Thursday
Kiehls is my favourite skincare Brand. I haven’t got a chance to try Kiehls products before and for the first time I tried Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facewash and I was excited to see how it performs. The face wash boasts of having Calendula flower extracts and for the very same reason it is a highly anticipated product.
For those who dont know I would like to convey that Calendula is Marigold flowers and it is packed with antiseptic properties.
The Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash is a skin-refreshing, deep cleansing face wash. This creamy gel formula activates with water to create a rich, dense foam that gently lifts resistant surface debris and impurities from pores. Infused with natural Calendula Flower extract, an iconic Kiehl’s ingredient for normal to oily skin types, it leaves skin thoroughly, yet gently, cleansed, without stripping skin of its essential moisture. Skin looks and feels instantly revitalized, revealing fresher, brighter skin appearance without over drying.
Price: Rs 2500 for 250 ml
- Calendula Flower Extract: The flower petals of the calendula plant (Calendula officinalis), or pot marigold, have been used for medicinal purposes since at least the 12th century. Plant pharmacological studies have suggested that Calendula , in addition to providing a soothing effect, can fight inflammation, viruses, and bacteria.
- Glycerin: Commonly found in plant lipids, glycerin attracts and pulls moisture from the air to replenish and hydrate skin.
- Amelite: Amino acid-based sulfate-free surfactant that provides deep but gentle cleansing.
- Cocobetaine: Coconut-derived, high-foaming sulfate-free surfactant
Directions for Use:
Apply small amount to clean fingertips. Gently massage into damp facial areas in upward, circular motions. Avoid immediate eye area. Rinse thoroughly or remove excess with damp face wash.
I received a 30 ml sample size of the product which comes in a simple white squeeze tube form. The full sized product comes in a sturdy amber coloured transparent plastic bottle. The packaging is travel friendly and simple.
The face wash comes in a creamy gel form. It is almost clear and has a light herbal scent. Once the face wash comes in contact with water it turns into rich silky foam. It has mild cleansing ingredients but yet is powerful enough to remove makeup.
It is hydrating, gives a squeaky clean experience without over drying skin. If you take a close look at the ingredients you will become aware that the formulation is simple with no harsh chemicals. The face wash is mild and gentle. The ingredient list starts with aqua. The product is packed with various fragrance oils and plant extracts like lemon peel apart from the polymers and surfactants. There is also sodium chloride which is plain salt.
It leaves no residue. My skin feels soft, smooth and comfortable. My skin is loving this face wash. My skin feels clean and clear. It didn’t break me out and my pores felt unblocked. It controls and removes excess oil. It takes only a small amount and hence little goes a long way.
- Doesn’t over-dry skin
- Deep cleanses
- Get rids of impurities,oil,dirt
- Removes makeup
- Gentle and mild
- Simple effective formulation
- Clear creamy gel
- Long lasting
- Faint floral scent that fades soon
- Plant extracts and oils
- Sulfate, soap and paraben free
- Stings if the products get into my eyes which I guess is because of the fair amount of citrus extracts present
- May irritate skin due to the citrus extracts if you are allergetic to certain ingredients.
- Expensive but high quality and worth it.
Its a mild gel that cleanses well and doesn’t strip out. I recommend this face wash for normal to oily skin. Dry skinned beauties may have to follow up with a moisturiser because I have oily skin and after using this my cheeks feel dry. My skin is reactive to new products but I love the positive signs of this face wash. I love this facewash. You can also try this out to see if you like it as much as I do.